Tax Refunds For Construction Workers


Tax Refunds for construction workers…

If you are employed and work in the construction industry you could be entitled to claim a tax rebate. It is common for construction workers to think that only self employed sub contractors in the construction industry can claim for a tax rebate, which is not correct.

Being employed and not self employed is very different but if you have job related expenses you can still claim tax relief on the cost incurred. Popular job related expenses include:-

Tools bought for work use

Protective clothing

Washing of uniform or protective clothing

Using your own car, van, motorbike to travel to temporary workplaces

Using public transport to travel to temporary workplaces

So if you pay for any of the above expenses in the performance of your duties you could be due to claim a tax rebate. A claim can be back dated for the last four tax years, which means that the more tax years you can claim for the higher the potential tax refund.

You can still claim for expenses even though you may not be with the same employer, just as long as it was within the last four tax years. has many years of experience in helping workers in the construction industry claim tax back for many different reasons. Find out for free if can help you further by calling 0845 094 0005 or 01228 520477.